I got this idea from Joel Runyon. He runs a site called ‘The Blog of Impossible Things’ and I’m intrigued by it. I agree with his thinking that all of things that were “possible” were too easy and the rest seemed impossible. Why not start tackling those seemingly “impossible” things? Ever since I did the GORUCK Challenge, I realized there is a huge resource of potential in me that I’ve never tapped before. That was the catalyst. Time to get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Obtain my private pilots license
- √ Run a 5K (as an adult aka since high school) [September 11, 2010]
- √ Run a Half Marathon [September 19, 2010]
- Run a Marathon
- Run a Triathlon
- Sprint Distance
- Olympic Distance
- Half Ironman
- Run an Ultra Marathon
- Run a 50 mile Race
- Run a 100 mile Race
- Do 100 consecutive pushups
- Do 100 consecutive burpees
- Do 200 consecutive squats
- √ Do a Mountain Bike Race - 2nd Place Clydesdale Division [March 30, 2008]
- Hike a 14′er [First one, September 1, 2011]
- Hike all Colorado 14′ers [4 down, 49 to go]
- Become an Adirondack 46′er
- Hike to Everest Base Camp
- √ Complete the GORUCK Challenge [May 7, 2011]
- Do an Adventure Race
- Walk the 1,779 miles from Hobbiton to Mount Doom
- Thru hike the John Muir Trail with minimal gear
- Visit Every Continent
- √ North America [Kinda like the 'free' space in BINGO but I'm still exploring]
- South America
- √ Europe [Romania & London]
- √ Camp in Yosemite National Park 
- Visit Stonehenge
- Go on a Safari in Africa
- Walk on the Great Wall of China
- Drive across America coast to coast on mostly backroads.
- See the Northern Lights
- Drive into the Arctic Circle
- Write letters instead of emails and tweets for a week.
- Fly a fighter jet
- √ Skydive Tandem [June 12, 2010]
- Skydive Static Line
- Skydive AFF
- Skydive from 30,000 feet
- Drive a tank
- Do a "Polar Bear Plunge"
- Be an extra in a movie.
- Be part of a protest.
- Dig for real dinosaur bones.
- Break a world record.
- Grow a garden and eat from it.
- Spend a night on an aircraft carrier.
- Make my own baseball bat.
- Own a NASA mission patch that's been to space. Bonus points if it's an American flag from the sleeve of a spacesuit.
Events to Attend
- Attend the Winter Olympics
- Write an ebook
- Build an iPhone app
PS: This list will probably never be fully complete so check back to see what I’ve added to it. I’m also using it as a type of virtual trophy case. Trust me, it’s not to impress you (I’m sure you’re better/faster/stronger than I am) but it’s for me. Knowing what I’ve accomplished gives me strength to accomplish more.
PPS: Some of the headings and/or goals may be similar or even identical to what Joel has in his list but that’s because I’m trying to jumpstart my ideas and I’m emulating some of his for that reason. As I get more time, I’ll polish everything and make it more custom and unique to both myself and my goals. But hey, it’s his list that got me interested in starting my own and he’s a good ‘template’ built!
page updated 2015-12-16