Stuff I Use
This is stuff I want to share because I like it. Some of it may be affiliate based but I genuinely like what it is and think you will too. Enjoy.
- Amazon - If you are going to buy something on Amazon, please consider clicking this link first. I get a small percentage of the sale and it doesn’t cost you anything. It helps keep me working on these fun new projects.
- Capital One 360 (formerly ING Direct) - I’ve been a customer for years and highly recommend it. Sign up through my link and get $25 when you open a savings account and $50 when you open a checking account. No minimums and no fees.
- Dropbox - Get 500MB extra space free if you sign up through my link.
- Droplr - Quick and easy way of sharing just about anything. Get $10 credit if you sign up through my link.
- Evernote - I don’t know how I stay organized without it.
- GORUCK - I have some gear of theirs and have done a few events. It’s good stuff.
- Hover - Looking to buy a domain name? Use these guys. Easy, clean, and simple.
- Huckberry - Sign up for free and get $10 credit for your first purchase (through this link only).
- REI - Been a member for years and buy almost all of my outdoor gear from them. Great customer service and return policy too.
- SPOT Gen3 Messenger - I didn't think I'd like this as much as I do but it gives tremendous peace of mind to friends and family when in the backcountry. Get up to 20% off your service plan by mentioning me as your referrer.
A lot of people ask what I carry on a daily basis. It changes a little now and then but this is roughly it.
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6 Plus Leather Case - Saddle Brown
- Bellroy Card Sleeve Wallet
- Hankie my mom brought back from Alaska
- Tungsten Carbide Wedding Ring
- Benchmade Mini Griptilian 555HG
- TiBolt Pen
- J.L. Lawson Minimalist Shackle
- Warby Parker Crane Eyeglasses
- Draplin Design Co.: DDC-101 "DDC Stuff Sheath"
- Field Notes Shenandoah Edition
- 42mm Space Grey Apple Watch Sport
While it doesn't include every single item or service, below is a list that highlights some of the stuff I use on a daily basis. I got this idea from Paul Stamatiou.
- Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, Drive, etc.)
- Amazon Prime (Music, Photo Storage, etc.)
Desktop & Web Apps
- Google Chrome
- Google Drive
- Evernote Pro
- Amazon Music
- Google Calendar
- 1 Second Everyday
- Squarespace Note
- YouVersion Bible
- Google Photos
Gadgets & Gizmos
- 13" MacBook Pro (16 GB Ram, 1TB SSD)
- iPhone 7 Plus
- Intocircuit 11200mAh battery pack
- 42mm Apple Watch Sport
- GORUCK GR1 or GR2
- ENO Single Nest Hammock
- Benchmade Mini Griptilian
page updated 2016-10-04